[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″ custom_padding=”||2px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.0.5″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.6″ text_line_height=”1.6em” inline_fonts=”Montserrat,ABeeZee”]
Have you ever stood still to wonder at the amazingness of our body? Do you know what it does every moment of every day for the entirety of your life? The beauty of our Body lies in it’s incredible, unbelievable intelligence.
Just think about this, with all its cleverness, innovation and exploration, science, technology and the medical world, with thousands of years of our human budding minds, we can’t, nor ever will, be able to recreate something as incredible, intelligent and alive as the beauty of our body. Our Earth Body. Made from Matter, with LOVE.
How it functions and what it needs in order to become this body you live in for the rest of your living days, is a miracle. And this incredible body only needs a few things to live fully, ideally and prosper.
If we learn to listen empathetically to our body beauty, with the intention to understand its’ messages, we’re already a long way on the path toward living a healthy life.
We don’t need to read every book, theory and diet or exercise regime. We just need to know how it functions, what it needs and what can hinder its health and beauty. We only need to reconnect to our body beauty.
The next 2 months will be in celebration of our Body Beauty. We’ll look at the five different bodies according to Yogic philosophy, and how to attune better to their needs. When we listen and learn to honour and relate to our body in an integral, responsible and responsive way, health and wellbeing naturally follow.
This short and sweet article celebrates our inherent and ever present Body Beauty.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″ custom_padding=”4px||3px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.0.5″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.5″ custom_padding=”|85px|0px|85px||” inline_fonts=”Montserrat”]
Amazing Fun Facts about our Body Beauty
- The brain weighs 1.3kg but feels like 250g thanks to our cerebrospinal fluid. Do you ever stop to feel the brain in your skull?
- The brain seamlessly orchestrates and harmonises a multitude of functions. Motor control; reasoning, planning, emotion, language, interaction, relation, innovation. Sensory reception, integration and response. Regulation of autonomic functions; homeostasis, heart rate, breathing, sympathetic/parasympathetic activation, digestion, metabolism, immunity
A brilliant brain equals a calm, reflective mind, which in turn affects our life
- The brain and body are in constant communication
- All our nerves strung out in a line amount to 99,200 kilometres! No wonder we are overly tired, sensitive and wired with kms of our nerves constantly exposed to all the stimulation of todays messages, conscious and unconscious
- Every nerve has a corresponding artery
- Our lungs breathe from the moment we’re born till our last breath, giving our vital body fuel. 600 million times a lifetime, our lungs are autonomous and yet we can extend or shorten our breath if we pay attention
- Adult lung capacity is up to 5 litres. Most of us only use 0.3 litres per breath!
- Loving our lungs and expanding our breath we massage all our vital organs, allowing them to absorb nutrients, oxygen and fluid
- Our heart beats endlessly; 3 billion times a lifetime! Beating tirelessly if we give it rest when it whispers, move it when it yearns and allow it the space and time to dance and feel the emotions of life and living
- The heart is the first organ to function. At 3 weeks the young embryo’s heart begins it’s dedicated beating, circulating blood! This is a miracle of cells coming together, quivering and then begins the journey of pulsing throughout life
- The heart possesses its own command and nervous system, yet can be modified by the brain and central nervous system, CNS. The heart is directly influenced by emotions and perceptions of stress. The amount of oxygen in our blood affects our heart rate, and sense of wellbeing
- A happy heart is a calm, curious, confident and creative body
- Our gallbladder stores the bile from our liver, essential in digesting fats and eliminating unhealthy fats
- A glowing gallbladder equals hormonal balance, immunity and brain health
- Our amazing liver has more than 500 vital functions! Our liver is the heaviest organ and filters out all poisons. Playing a major role in hormonal balance, digestive metabolism, energy storage, balances sugar levels, neutralises toxins, eliminates excess hormones, synthesises proteins to repair and rebuild cells. It regulates blood clotting, resists infections, clears drugs, processes iron, carries away waste. Too much to name!
- A lively liver equals vitality
- Our incredible stomach pre-digests food in a particular order, first carbs, then proteins, then fats. It secretes a mucus protecting it from its own corrosive acidity. Hydrochloric acid destroys all bacteria and most viruses
- A stomach heard equals complete absorption of vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- Our spleen produces red blood cells, destroys blood cells we no longer need, defends against viruses, germs, bacteria and parasites
- A vibrant spleen is a vibrant sense of self
- Our kidneys distribute and maintain liquid levels, control our blood volume and pressure, maintain healthy levels of minerals and salts in our system to optimise our strength. They eliminate our wastes and produce hormones necessary for bone health
- Kindness to our kidneys uplifts our strength, resilience and energetic bounce back
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″ custom_padding=”4px|||||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.0.5″ custom_padding=”||0px|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.0.5″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.6″ text_line_height=”1.6em” inline_fonts=”Arizonia,Montserrat”]
Body Beauty Mystery
How does the body do all these things?!
From one cell dividing into many. Each one taking another formation, performing another function, and eventually finding its’ vocation. A bit like we do as individuals. Needing to become separate to find our unique gift.
That’s still a mystery, and always will be. That’s the beauty of our body.
All our body does is sublime. And does it day in, day out. Without our conscious participation, or without it becoming exhausted. Its autonomous. Its naturally inclined to do this, because that’s its deepest desire, its’ purpose.
Your Body Beauty is interdependent; working with what you offer it, building its cells from the food, exercise, thoughts, experiences and relationships you feed it.
All these purposes are deeply affected by our posture, our mood, our wellbeing, our company and activities. We can enhance or extinguish our body’s incredible intelligence.
We can learn to listen to our visceral needs. Remember visceral is deeply feeling, emotional charge is held here too. When we begin to become aware of our body, body awareness, then we can start this conversation and be an active partner in co-creating our health, wealth and wellbeing.
Listening to our Body Beauty
Everything in the universe is in perpetual motion. And our body is like a micro universe. Everything inside of us is also in continual motion, relation and transformation. And motion is lotion. Motion is life. Motion is the play of energy taking new formations. Motion creates freshness and leads to health.
The way Yoga, and that’s Yoga with a capital Y, as in mindful, intentional, breath orientated and consciously chosen according to our needs, caters to movement of all joints, organs, muscles groups and bodily systems, to reconnect our minds and feelings with our incredible, intelligent and inheritant aliveness.
“We have a natural pharmacopeia already within us”.
– Candace Pert.
We can orchestrate our own healing process through knowledge. Understading how to apply that through tools and practices that engage that system. Yoga therapy has the tools, teachings and practices to work alongside and engage that natural healing process.
Next week we’ll dive into the five bodies, the Koshas, and how Yoga therapy works to reconnect and engage that natural healing cabinet of all those interdependent bodies.
Love your Body, move your Body, and let that Beauty that only you have and hold, shine through, by practicing empathic listening.
 Jean-Pierre Barrel – Understanding the Messages of the Body 2007